Vintage Ex Voto Gold Ear Tamata
The use of anatomical votives was prolific in ancient Greece and Rome from 400BC to 400AD. These offerings were made to deities of health and medicine, either in the hope for a cure or in thanks for one.
In modern day, anatomical votives are charms that are pinned or hung at altars and shrines in thanksgiving for a miracle received. Modern Catholic and Orthodox European votives are often referred to as ex votos, short for ex voto suscepto meaning “from the vow made” in Latin. In colonial Latin America, they are referred to as Milagros meaning ‘miracles’ in Spanish.
- Our collection of vintage votives are genuine originals of the time we do not sell reproductions
- They are all unique, only one of each. Their patina and natural toning is individual and adds to their charm and history
- GOLD 9K, (375) MARKED WITH STAMP & CODE.
- DIMENSIONS : H 70mm X W 41mm
- WEIGHT : 1,6 gr. approx.
- Comes in gift bag and boxed